Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Animation in Canvas

This semester I took a class called Multimedia Programming, where I did a lot of work animating in HTML 5 Canvas. This was my first semester working with canvas, so my skills are at a very beginner level and all of my animations were really simple (e.g. moving an image across the screen).

However, I'm always amazed to see how beautiful and complex animations can be made in canvas. The link below leads to a really cool cycle made by Mark Ferrari and Joseph Huckaby. While you're viewing it you have the option to click through different animated landscapes, change the cycle speed, and view the color palate.

I was really impressed by this when I first saw it, and honestly it's still my favorite thing I've ever seen done in canvas. I'd really like to be able to produce work like this eventually!

http://www.effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/

3 comments :




  1. The Louis Vuitton handbags comes in three sizes and assorted colors. Chanel handbags It is a affected bag fabricated of bland covering with topstitched detail. Rolex Air King brands that have a history in China often do better than newcomers, because the Chinese trust Original Rolex Watches brands they have heard of for a long time. “Trust of the 1:1 Replica Breitling Watches is a very serious issue for Chinese consumers, because Chinese consumers are concerned about quality and safety problems and worried about counterfeit products, which hits hard on the Omega Watches Replica trust they put on made-in-China products and brands.This reimagined Replica Tag Heuer advertence 116523 is the antecedent bearing Rolex Daytona that aboriginal came out in 2000.

    ReplyDelete