Friday, August 29, 2014

The Real Housewives of Motion Graphics and Animation!



Hi there!

I am Alex Cammy- a 20 year pop culture junkie from NJ. I am entering my junior year at Ithaca College, where I study Television and Radio. This past summer I was lucky enough to intern at MTV (Within the Research and Insights departments) for the Times Square location. I have a slight obsession with Oprah (I commissioned a 65 year old woman on Etsy, to create an Oprah pillow!) and a slightly larger obsession with the Real Housewives (I have seen, every episode, of every season, of every city!). I love pop culture and it's inherent nature to infect itself within society and influence it's people in a way that can be done by no other entity. I pride myself on not only being able to sassily trash and poke fun at pop culture, but also my ability to understand and analyze it. As you see my blogs this upcoming semester you’ll definitely notice a heavy influence of pop culture. I’m excited to explore how my personal interests fit within the realms of Motion Graphics & Animation!

To get the ball rolling, I’m sharing the opening sequences from a few of "The Real Housewives" locations. Every season these sequences change, along with the ladies and their taglines. While many may look down on "The Real Housewives" and that form of television, these sequences are incredibly well produced. Each location of the franchise features a unique sequence that is truly representative of the location. For “Orange County” you’ll see beaches, and sunny locales coupled with bright orange colors. In “Miami’s’” open you’ll notice a faster, spicier pace edited and put together with the flair of the Miami Latina culture. And in “New York City”you'll find heavily produced skylines, along with darker colors that produce an air of sophistication and class that the New York City lifestyle is associated with it. While each city's opening sequence is representative of the lifestyle and themes that specific series represents, all the title sequences feel united and part of a franchise. I applaud the editors and their ability to make each opening unique, yet cohesive.

Feel free to take a look at the open sequences below. No matter how you may feel about the programs themselves, we must at least appreciate how well done their openings are!

Until next time!


Alex Cammy











                                          


No comments :

Post a Comment