Saturday, January 28, 2012

Buried Opening Sequence

As we were talking about animating text in class the other day, I immediately thought about this article. It's a little older, but it has always stuck out to me. It is an interview with the creator of the opening title sequence of "Buried." Although I have never actually seen this movie, I thought that the way they animated the text worked really well for the plot of the movie, which is Ryan Reynolds getting buried alive inside of a coffin.

For the sequence, the text is rising in such a way that it feels as though the viewer is descending into the ground, becoming buried. The creator, Jorge Calvo, talks about how he became involved in the process and some of the inspirations for his work. He talks about the processes that he went through making this sequence, including photos of different stages of it's creation.
Most people don't even pay that much attention to the credits of films, but reading this article made me see how much effort is put into every detail.

There is a video in the article, but I'm not able to embed it, I only have the link.

No comments :

Post a Comment