Sunday, January 29, 2012

Compositing at its best.



I wanted to share this video I found a little over a year ago on Vimeo. It is created entirely in digital compositing software and is absolutely incredible. This is the kind of stuff I want to be able to make in the future. Make sure you watch the whole thing, and then watch the "making of" below. It shows all of the steps taken when compositing and whatnot. It really exposes to you what little video they actually shot to create this: just a few shots of people in front of a green screen, so well integrated into the film that you can't even tell what exactly was done to create this masterpiece. I'd love to be able to get such incredible results out of green screen footage, and I feel I can be capable of many of the skills required to produce something this incredible if I keep at it.



The real magic of this video is above, where they go into more detail and show you all the layering and just how much work was done to achieve each shot. I have a long way to go with learning this stuff, but this is my motivation.

No comments :

Post a Comment