Thursday, March 7, 2013

Some trippy animation - Blockhead




A couple years ago on new years eve in high school, all my friends were passed out around 4 in the morning and I was still wide awake. We had adult swim on and they were showing some pretty weird videos. The program was titled “Off-Air” so they were all pretty random. One of the videos that was shown was this music video for the artist Blockhead. This animation blew my mind at the time, but I had no idea what it was. Finally with a lot of searching on google, I found the video. One thing I really admire about this video is the animation goes with the beat of the song. It really bothers me when music videos don’t follow the beat, it throws me off for some reason. Anthony Schepperd did a great job of doing this, with his use of a variety of colors and shapes. He did this video in under 5 months and only used Flash. He has other amazing animated videos, check out his vimeo if you’re interested! 


1 comment :