Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Stop Motion Animation

We have discussed stop motion as one of the many ways to create an animation and I have always loved the medium.  Films like Wallace and Gromit from Aardman Studios or Fantastic Mr. Fox have such a unique and charming aesthetic about them.  In fact, it almost seems to be growing in popularity with films like Coraline and ParaNorman.  Although I have always enjoyed stop motion I never actually attempted to make one of my own.  Over the weekend, I participated in the Stop Motion Animation mini-course (as did Josh) with Prof. Harrington and it was a great deal of fun.  The process of creating models/characters, constructing a set/world for them, and bringing them to life is an awesome experience...though definitely tedious and time consuming.  Below is a stop motion I came across that I particularly enjoyed and also a quick written tutorial with pictures for constructing your own stop-motion models:



No comments :

Post a Comment