Thursday, January 28, 2016

External Hard Drive Crashing

As Arturo mentioned in the first class, a quality hard drive is essential. Though I haven't experienced a failure yet, I'm sure it will happen at some point. Unfortunately, my friend did have a hard drive fail during finals week, which forced her to restart her project from a certain point just a few days before the premiere.

We talked about G-tech drives during class, and I have to say these are some of the best drives, though they are also expensive. I personally have been using a WD Passport, which is a cheap drive. Though primarily for storage, I have been using it to edit off of but I hope to transition to a better suited drive soon so that I don't lose it entirely.

Take a minute to watch the short animation, and be prepared for the worst case scenarios this semester.

No comments :

Post a Comment