Thursday, January 28, 2016

Superpowers and Visual Effects

One thing I love about superhero films is the visual effects that go into them, they're spectacular, larger than life, and believable, I still won't get over how the Life of Pi  one best visual effects over The Avengers at the Oscars. Basically don't get me started at the snubbing of superhero films at Oscars. 
Anyway, so before taking this class I do have a diverse background in visual effects and enjoy doing them. 2 years ago I wanted to make a superhero film, but I knew I needed visual effects so I decided to search them on youtube. Through seeing and trying different superpower visual effects I garnered a pretty good understanding of the program. From there I shadowed at visual effects house in Buffalo for the summer where I learned how to use Nuke and Silhouette and because good at rotoscoping, paint & rig removal, and tracking Although I do know that post production is not for me after the summer because personally I can't sit in a room and do work for hours. 
So I don't really know where to go from here, but one of the more interesting things I watched in the extras from Avengers: Age of Ultron was how the team created The Vision in post production. It's really cool to see what they did and how they went about it so I posted it below. Give it a look!

No comments :

Post a Comment