Friday, November 1, 2013

Picture Animations

I recently saw an animation compilation entitled The Elegant Gentleman's Guide to Knife Fighting. The Elegant Gentleman's Guide to Knife Fighting is an australian sketch show and features various animation bits and transitions. The animation uses pictures and animates parts of them to create movement and comical and crude dialogue. I've seen many animations like this and I would like to learn, in class, how to animate pictures well and especially how to animate an actual mouth on a picture or inanimate object. I know Cannon uploaded the talking orange tutorial and it's fairly simple but I could use some practice and direction. Animations that use preexisting pictures are usually humorous and when done well, they make it look like a genuine, moving clip. I would like to make a series that involves pictures similar to The Elegant Gentleman's Guide to Knife Fighting. It would involve modern art or movie posters and I think at this point, with some practice and time, I could pull it off. The animation reminded me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.


No comments :

Post a Comment