Saturday, October 13, 2012

Game of Shadows

      One movie that had impressed me with its detail is Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows.  I remember watching it with my friends and commenting on how we take all the hard work put into making these industrial era sets and landscape for granted.  I always it funny with movies with large amounts of computer generated graphics, how so much work and money is put into designing the setting, despite it not serving a purpose more than as a backdrop.  Not that I have a problem with that though!

      What really blows me away is how the street ends after just one block and how it is actually just a green screen wall.  When I watched the movie initially I thought that they used a lot from a big movie studio like Paramount to film a long stretch of city blocks which they then decorated to look like the 1800's.  Another point I find interesting is how the cannons towards the end of the video are real, I wonder why they chose to use real weapons as opposed to building them on the computer?


No comments :

Post a Comment