Friday, October 5, 2012

Shinedown Music Video

Staying with the theme of posting music videos, I have decided to post a lyric video for the song "Bully" by the band Shinedown. I first heard this song on the radio back home in June or so and I found it kinda catchy. I looked it up on Youtube and found this cool lyric video. I watched the video over and over again, but not because of the song, it was because I was fascinated with the graphics. Some of my favorite graphics include the flames and smoke at the :22 mark, the words that turn into a fist at the :32 mark, and how the word "bully" fades when the chorus kicks in. This effect is clearly intended to work in conjunction with the "fading memory" line. Also, I think the "push them to the dirt" graphic is cool. The "them" is pushed into the bottom of the video as a dust cloud flies up with the following words stepping on it. Again, this is being used in conjunction with the lyrics on the screen. I also think the synchronization of lyrics is perfect. The words pop up as their being sung. This must have been a tedious video to create, but I feel it was worth it. It's a great song with an even better video. Even if you don't like this type of music, I urge you to give this video a watch. It's only 4 minutes long. I think you'll survive.

No comments :

Post a Comment