Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Checkbox Effect

My last few posts have been related to movies or to music, so I feel it's time to change it up.  So today, I have decided to share a tutorial with you.  I stumbled upon this tutorial when trying to make something for my music video, and it helped a ton with what I used it for.

The tutorial is all about on and off expression combined with an expression control called checkbox.  In the tutorial they apply it to opacity to make it turn wholly off and on again.  However this will work with any kind of parameter, the possibilities are wide open here.

Ryan Boyle has many other tutorials, not just for After Effects but a few other programs as well like Maya.



After Effects On and Off Expression from Ryan Boyle on Vimeo.

No comments :

Post a Comment