Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Innovation of Loneliness

So this is my first blog post ever. I am looking forward to seeing all the different sources, videos, materials, and articles the students of this class will post this semester. The internet is an incredible source, when used correctly and intellectually.
With that said, I thought it might be somewhat interesting to look at the internet, specifically social media, in a new light. I found this video a few months ago browsing. It was ironic that I decided to post it Facebook and send it to a few friends because of what it is about. Even though it somewhat shut down Facebook, I knew people would see the post and potentially watch it.
This video's animation is so simple, yet so interesting to me. The color palette and style of this particular animator, Shimi Cohen is interesting and neat. The short The Innovation of Loneliness was nominated for the 2013 Forster Film Festival's Best Film and won the creativity award for the Festival. Aside from the animation of the work I do also identify with the message and position of the piece. I hope you enjoy!

Profile picture for Shimi CohenShimi Cohen source: Vimeo


The Innovation of Loneliness from Shimi Cohen on Vimeo.
What is the connection between Social Networks and Being Lonely?
Quoting the words of Sherry Turkle from her TED talk - Connected, But Alone.
(http://www.ted.com/talks/sherry_turkle_alone_together.html)
Also Based on Dr. Yair Amichai-Hamburgers hebrew article -The Invention of Loneliness.

Script, Design & Animation: Shimi Cohen

Final Project at Shenkar College of Engineering and Design.
Source

No comments :

Post a Comment