Friday, February 22, 2013

Rotoscoping

From last class, we learned about using Mocha and the effects we can do on it. When Arturo brought up the subject of rotoscoping, it reminded me of a certain YouTuber who did that. This video features an introduction done by JonTron, a well-known YouTuber who does video game review videos. In this intro, you see the man walking down the street and his parrot. But there is a rotoscoping effect used here, so you see images replacing the silhouette of the two.



Ever since I saw this for the first time, I wanted to do the same thing. By learning more about Mocha, I'm sure it's possible to do this.

At first, I thought he just wore a green suit and used a chroma key effect. But that would bring up a question of how he keyed the parrot...

No comments :

Post a Comment