Friday, November 20, 2015

Brainstorm Digital

At my high school all the seniors were required to do either 40 hours of community service or do 80 hours at an internship. I chose the latter. I interned at Brainstorm Digital, a VFX house based in NYC that has worked on films such as Boardwalk Empire, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, and Wolf Of Wall Street. I learned more about the visual effects industry in the short time that I interned there than I had in my entire life up to that point.

Not only did I learn about the industry, but I also learned about what each shot took to make.





The program that they use there as their main compositor is something called Nuke, short for New Compositor. Nuke is node based, which means that it works as a series of inputs and outputs, as opposed to the traditional layers. 









No comments :

Post a Comment