Monday, November 16, 2015

Multimedia Programming




I have been pretty interested in multimedia programming for a while now and I really like the idea of interactive animation. One of the most creative and innovative music videos I have ever seen is the Arcade Fire music video for The Wilderness Down.


It uses a lot of really interesting techniques. The personalization of providing an address is really creative and makes the experience feel like it is meant for you. I am distracted by the multiple pop-ups but I still think that it is really creative. It is also unfortunate that there are a lot of technical restrictions on what will work with this website because there are only certain attributes that HTML5 supports.

I think a lot of the Multimedia Programming course in the CS Department is a good segway between producing animations and coding them. I think that the potential interactivity of animation is the future of media!

No comments :

Post a Comment