Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Women in Animation

I am involved in the Ithaca College Women in Computing club and I just felt like exploring the representation of women in the field of animation. I found a cool organization called Women in Animation (WIA).

WIA Mission: “Women In Animation brings together a global community of animation professionals to empower and support women in the art, science and business of animation by increasing access to resources, creating opportunities for education, encouraging strong connections between individuals, and inspiring excellence.”

I thought one of the most interesting things that WIA offers is the mentorship program.

With more searching I was also able to find a very awesome comprehensive history of women in animation. Eunice Macaulay was the first female animator to win an Academy Award. She won for her creation, Special Delivery.





No comments :

Post a Comment