Friday, March 2, 2012

Tale of Three Brothers Animation

I recently remembered the animation from the second to last Harry Potter movie. It was done to accompany Hermione's narration of the Tale of Three Brothers story. When I first saw it, I was blown away by how cool it was. Watching it again it's even more amazing. The figures are beautiful and the way it moves seamlessly from scene to scene is incredible.

Looking up more about the sequence, I found out that the look was based on Asian shadow puppets and early animator, Lotte Reiniger's style. The programs they used were ZBrush and Maya. The director says that "in terms of the animation it was a pretty standard affair," which I can't believe. It looks so complicated to me as a beginner. Here's a link to an interesting interview with Ben Hibon.



1 comment :

  1. Keep up the good work; I read few posts on this website, including I consider that your blog is fascinating and has sets of the fantastic piece of information. Thanks for your valuable efforts. Video Production Toronto

    ReplyDelete