Saturday, March 3, 2012

The ZoomQuilt

http://www.zoomquilt.org/

Through the years of my surfing the internet I have come across many websites like zoomquilt.org. It is a simple concept of continuously zooming through a picture and never stopping. Some of them tell stories as you move from picture to picture and others just give you a lot to look at. They have always fascinated me and now it is really cool to know that I could make my own with a little help from After Effects.

I did a little research on these types of works and it seems that "Gridcosm" was one of the first to introduce a continuous zoom through art. Gridcosm started in 1997 and since then over 300 different artists have contributed to make more than 3400 layers. I recommend that you go to the website and click on "random layer" a couple times just to see what you will find in this behemoth of art work.

http://www.sito.org/synergy/gridcosm/

1 comment :

  1. My top school requires me to complete a lot of online exams and other tasks, but I don't have the time or drive to finish them all. That's why I pay someone to take my test utilizing the service. No question, this site offers the best service in this field. When I found out how affordable the service was, I was shocked. And I'll keep recommending it in the future.

    ReplyDelete