Monday, September 3, 2012

Zach Snyder


Zach Snyder is definitely one of my all time favorite directors. My love affair with his work all started with his box office hit "300" which still to this day is one of my favorite movies (and no its not because of the half naked men in loin cloths, contrary to popular belief).Everything he does is beautiful and complex. If you are familiar with Snyder's work you know exactly why he is absolutely relevant to the topic of motion graphics and animation. I definitely think that his team is one of the best in the industry right now. Every single one of his movies, (300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch) have some of the cleanest and most outrageous effects out there. To say that I understand the complexity of all these heavily animated scenes would be a lie but I hope this class helps me at least somewhat disect and understand some of the scenes of some of these marvelous movies directed by one of my idols.

Enjoy a small clip from 300...





No comments :

Post a Comment