Thursday, September 27, 2012

Expressions

Hey guys! So I was looking up expressions this week because from what I can tell they are pretty important. It is almost like writing computer code, in that you need to be exact with what you are coding and very specific. I feel like once I know how to write expressions it will make a lot of things easier in terms of connecting layers and controlling their properties.

From some of the tutorials that I've looked at, it seems like particle systems can be very powerful/important and using expressions to control them is a necessity. What I found was another blog about Motion Graphics. http://ideastocreations.blogspot.com/2011/02/understanding-expression-in-after.html

On this blog there are free programs and tutorials. What I think will be most useful is a free eBook about the basics of After Effects expressions. It is in the "Free Stuff" tab and can be downloaded from there (It is called "After Effects Expressions Basics").  I haven't had the chance to look through the book yet, but I will keep y'all updated on how useful it is and what I learn from it.

No comments :

Post a Comment