Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Great Graphics

As the course goes on, I've become less intimidated by the program After Effects. Coming into the class with zero previous knowledge, I imagined I would forever be hopeless. But it turns out, AE is just like any other program/medium. It takes time and effort to really learn the craft and use it to its full potential. I'm loving the entire interface and it truly is a beautifully designed program.

I recently just bought a new VCR for 10 bucks at Ithaca Reuse (if you haven't been there before, check it out. Tons of awesome/cheap stuff) and brought all my old VHS tapes back from home. It's hilarious to see how many movies I've collected over the years, especially when I was younger. One film that I just watched was Spawn (1997). I use to adore the movie and I still do... Except that I now realized it's a horrible film. Really bad script, a long and boring title sequence, and even worse acting. BUT, some of the graphics are still as awesome as I remember. Check out his cape in some of these scenes. 

I love the way it flows so freely as if it has a mind of its own. The luscious crimson red and shine to it really makes it stand out of the film. I have no clue what kind of programming they used at this time but it really does hold up in my opinion. I would love to try and replicate this in After Effects and see how well it can come out. 


No comments :

Post a Comment