Thursday, April 7, 2016

Hayao Miyazaki and My Neighbor Totoro

A lot of my friends have been telling me to check out Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli’s films for a while, and this week I finally did. When I was younger I had seen Howl’s Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke, but it was so long ago that I definitely don’t remember either of them. This week I watched My Neighbor Totoro and I absolutely loved it. It had an engaging, heartwarming story that I was very invested in and characters that are easy to sympathize with. Those were probably the biggest reasons that I liked the movie, but one thing that did stand out to me at certain times was the sounds design. Sound is something that can really make or break a movie/video, and especially an animation. In this case, the sound design definitely added to the film. Good sound design is something that is going to be very key in my name project - it could either make the final product cool and believable, or cheesy and lame. I’m really hoping for the former.

No comments :

Post a Comment