Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Sims 4

....I mean.... I don't have any idea how they do the animation in The Sims franchise, but I do know that it has developed a lot over the years, making Sims and their environment look more and more realistic in my opinion. One thing I don't seem to like as The Sims develops, though, is the amount of "stuff" we get without actually buying Stuff Packs and Expansion Packs (and new to Sims 4: Game Packs). It seems there's less and less stuff with just the original game. Unfortunately, I won't be stopping anytime soon and they'll probably get more of my money....my Sims are more successful than I am and somehow that makes me feel somewhat accomplished, too. Not to mention, I like making sims of all different types and exploring the options with each of their aspirations, careers and family.

In my opinion, the best things about The Sims 4 are:
    • The ability to manipulate their body types by clicking and dragging on their actual bodies, 
    • Emotions. Though it angers me that when there is one dirty dish in the room, my sim is suddenly disgusted, there is so much good about this feature. You get different actions depending on your sims mood, and they can be Sad, Happy, Tense, Focused, Inspired, Confident, Energized, Fine, Flirty, Playful, Angry, Bored, Dazed, Embarrassed and Uncomfortable. The the funny facial expressions and the ways the sims walk that come from each emotion is pretty cool too. 
    • The Get to Work expansion pack. Never have you been able to actually go to work with your sim, and getting promoted is part of game play. So it's pretty damn cool to finally be able to do that. 
    • All of the different skills you can gain. Things like guitar, piano, violin, rocket science, gardening and a TON of others. It definitely adds to the game play, 
Anyhow... I think I'm going to go play Sims for a number of hours now, WOO.

No comments :

Post a Comment