Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Ballad of Mr.Steak


Last semester I stumbled upon Kishi Bashi, while I was looking for some new music. The clip above is a very unique music video for their song The Ballad of Mr.Steak. While I had a hard time finding any information on this video and its animator, I thought it would still be an interesting animation to share here.

I really enjoy how well the animation lines up with the music, especially in the very beginning when the axe comes down on the cow. I'm also a fan of the stars at the beginning, which seem to have a bit of meat texture. Since it was difficult to find information on the animation specifically, I don't know exactly how it was made. Judging from my own observations, it looks like the meat was animated using stop motion. The whole video was probably created using a variety of animation techniques, as as certain elements (like the light, stars, and clouds in the beginning) don't look like stop motion.

Overall, I  have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this animation. I find it original and well done, but at the same time, the "booty shaking" meat can be a little freaky!

No comments :

Post a Comment