Friday, April 4, 2014

Do You Believe In Life After After Effects?

So I went to see Cher this past week and as I imagined, it was the greatest night of my life and I cried much more than I had intended. Especially for being 67, she really put on a great show for over two hours. One of the things that really grabbed my attention throughout the entire show was the intricate animations being shown on the huge screen at the back of the stage throughout each song.

If you were to watch the animation by itself on your computer, it may not appear to be much more than a fancy screensaver. But paired up with the loud music, thumping bass, backup dancers and everything else going on on the stage, I can say from first-hand experience that the animations at the back tied everything together and truly made me get up on my feet and mom-dance from If I Could Turn Back Time all the way to Believe.

I guess the point I'm trying to get across is that it's not just how an animation looks that makes it special, it's how it's used. The video below, to my knowledge, is fan made but I can attest it's identical to the backdrop during her opening number. Maybe to you, watching it won't invoke much emotion. But for me, thinking about her performance and knowing how the video was used during it, it gives me goosebumps every time.


No comments :

Post a Comment