Friday, October 10, 2014

An Apocalyptic New York City

Having just visited NYC two weeks ago for the Global Citizen Festival, re-watching this clip from I Am Legend was disturbing to say the least. Overgrown weeds, animals running wild, and quiet streets. Time seems to stand still in this forgotten city.



It's amazing to me how all of this looks so real. It was filmed in NYC, of course, but to actually convey the feeling that there is no one left except for the protagonist seems almost impossible. However, they did it here. It must have been a lot of work to clear off the streets, and to make them look as if no one had set foot on them in years. The aerial shot of the city is my favorite, which I think best captures the magnitude of the circumstances presented in I Am Legend.

No comments :

Post a Comment