Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Creepy Old Photos...Come To Life!

Hi there,

Now that it is officially October I have began my search for the scariest,  most haunted stories, movies and media the world has to offer. During my search I came across this truly creepy set of animations by Droga5 art director Kevin Weir. He takes real black and white photos, that are creepy enough to begin with and animates them into a truly haunting visual experience. Don't believe me? Take a look below!




Eery doesn't even begin to explain it! This is an incredibly creative way to not only showcase animations skills, but also scare a few people along the way. 


The artwork here, while legitimate old-time photos, reminds me a lot of American Horror Story (Which premieres tonight!). This technique would be really exciting to play around with. Manipulating the past to frighten the future is definitely an intriguing concept! 

                                 
                                    

I hope I didn't scare you too much! After all it's all just created by a man sitting at a computer. Head over to http://www.kevinjweir.com/ to check out some more of Weir's work.


Until next time,

Alex


No comments :

Post a Comment