Sunday, November 27, 2011

All We Ever Wanted Was Everything

I recently came across this music video "All We Ever Wanted Was Everything' by Late Night Tales and I really like the unfolding effect that was used throughout the video. It is very simple, slow, and detailed and yet there is what seems like a complexity to it that makes it impossible to glance away.


The creator of the music video's visual effect is Ned Wenlock. He details how he came up with the idea for the music video in his blog. Ned discusses that the unfolding technique started with a layering technique he had previously used in one of his shorts called Bedbugs Odyssey (below) while casting lights on the layers to create shadows.
I think using the write-on effect for my project is time consuming, I can only imagine how long it took to create such an elaborate video!


No comments :

Post a Comment