Thursday, March 31, 2016

Looks Like Animation, But Isn't Animation

I was trying to find something to blog about when I stumbled upon this video of paint mixing. Yeah. That sounds weird, I know. But watching paint mix is so much more fun than watching paint dry!!!!!!  (Lol). The experimental piece is by a French artist named Thomas Blanchard.

Memories of Paintings from Thomas Blanchard on Vimeo.

You can animate anything you want, but there are some things that look just as good (if not, better) when they're not computer graphics. I think it just depends on what the animation is for and the feel of that particular project. For my Program Development project, I like the feel of a stop motion animation for the title sequence because it shows right from the get-go that the show will be fun and entertaining.

This video is very relaxing to watch. It also reminded me of the Joshua Light Show's piece from 1969, and I wonder if Blanchard was influenced by their work at all.



No comments :

Post a Comment