Thursday, March 24, 2016

Teen Titians Go! and the loss of standards

So over break I was watching my brothers for my parents and they were watching Cartoon Network. Now like any TVR major I can't resist watching TV when one is on, and I recognized a show from my childhood, Teen Titians Go! The only thing was that in the early 2000s it was called Teen Titans and it looked and sounded much different. The old series that ran from 2003 to 2007 had darker color scheme, it was sleek and not completely obtuse. When compared to the rebooted series in 2013 that I saw my brothers watching, I had to wonder why the drastic change? Is it because we as an audience have less of a standard for animation when it comes to a younger audience? This would certainly be the case in the Teen Titans franchise and similar cartoon shows across the board. I cannot say I blame the animators since they are just creating what the producers and studio wants. I will not get into plot structure or the crude humor influencing young minds in the reboot, but as a visual work the new Titians are lacking what they once had, class.

No comments :

Post a Comment