Thursday, February 11, 2016

A nod to the future

This week, one of my animation-loving friends sent me a clip from Craig McCraken's Disney channel show, "Wonder over Yonder."  The clip featured a character flipping through channels, and finding a program titled as, "The Mystery Kids' Mysteries."  Here is the clip below:


What I love about this clip is how it is a cute little nod to both past as well as present animators.  The program shows a spoof hyrbid of 60s classic, "The Jetsons," and my personal favorite current cartoon, "Gravity Falls."  Gravity Falls creator, Alex Hirsch, as well as other gf voice actors featured in the spoof as alien-like caricatures of their respective characters.

This clip really sticks out to me, because as a lover of McCraken's past cartoons, (The Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) I find it sweet that he is showing his support to younger show creators, such as Hirsch, who most likely looked up to him growing up.  The animation community is full of tight-knit friends, and it's interesting when you look at all of the names that appear in the different shows and movies we watch.

No comments :

Post a Comment