Thursday, February 25, 2016

New ideas...

I think it's pretty clear right now that I am very into pixel art, and the lengths that people can take with it.  I've seen some beautiful pixel animations, and they have been enough to convince me to make another one for my second motion graphic project.  This time, I want to use an isometric grid, and create a world with plenty of activity that plays on a loop.
If you know me as an individual, you most likely know that I am also a lover of all types of music.  Like pretty much the rest of the world, I love the Beatles, and one of my favorite movies that I grew up with is "The Yellow Submarine."  Combining the four lads with animation created an adorable, yet odd story about their journey to the magical Pepperland to save the townspeople from the music-hating blue meanies.  The film combines beautiful hand drawn animation with pops of bright colors, and it makes the whole experience seem like a fairy tail.  Below is a small fan made trailer showing some of the gorgeous visuals of the 1968 film.
For my second project, I want to pay homage to this movie, and create and isometric world that includes many of the film's references.  I'll definitely be including music as well!  It will be tough, but it is a challenge that I am willing to take on.

No comments :

Post a Comment