Thursday, February 25, 2016

Ralph Bakshi's ''Wizards''

"Wizards" is a film I saw during my senior year of high school on the recommendation of a teacher. The first thought I had while watching this film is that it is not for kids. With adult themes and animation throughout this film is not for your younger sibling.

While this film isn't immensely popular it's style charmed me and reminded me of films by Don Bluth and Gary Goldman. Even though it could be considered high fantasy the message is remarkably current as the whole premise of the film is that humans pollution lead to a rebirth on Earth.

Using a mix of live action an hand drawn animation "Wizards" is a fun, watch and a great example of animation in the 70s. And the best part is the entire movie is uploaded to YouTube for anyone to watch.


No comments :

Post a Comment