Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Ithacan New Lower Thirds


I recently was able to use After Effects for my first project outside of this class. It was a fairly simple animation, but I made a new lower third for use in The Ithacan multimedia videos. This is my first semester working as Assistant Multimedia Editor for the Ithacan and one of the first things I noticed was the visually unappealing lower thirds. I brought this up with the rest of the multimedia team and we decided it was time for a change. Here is an example of the old lower third, and here is the new animation in use. While it’s nothing flashy or fancy, I was glad to be able to start applying my new After Effects skills. Upcoming in the near future is also a new intro/outro clip for The Ithacan as well.

No comments :

Post a Comment