Monday, February 22, 2016

What I've Learned From Hand Drawn Animation

I pull open the door to Master Control. They see me and immediately begin typing on the computer--they know exactly what I'm here for.
      "Hi, I'd like to take out the animation room--room 147--" I say, just to be polite.
      "We know." They say. "It's your home now."

I've been living in my animation cave for weeks now. Hand drawn animation is going to be fun! I had said to myself. I wasn't entirely wrong but I wasn't right either.

Hand drawn animation is both intensely satisfying and incredibly frustrating. I could be there until 11pm (and I often am) and still only get a few frames done. Mostly because I have no idea what I'm doing...but still.

If you're like me (incredibly stubborn and love to live in a tiny room with a computer) then hand drawn animation is for you!

Here's a little clip to show you all what it feels like:



Happy animating!

No comments :

Post a Comment