Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Animation in Performances

If you watched the Superbowl last Sunday, then you saw plenty of animation in the advertisements, but there was also some great animation in the halftime show. I'm talking about the stage Coldplay performed on. IT WAS SO COOL!!!

~woah~



I love it when artists use technology in their performances. Obviously I don't know whose idea this was, but for me, it totally worked. The bright colors, butterfly animations, and radial designs fit perfectly with the music and the color scheme of the dancers, musicians, and other performers. My friends and I agreed that Coldplay's performance would have looked even cooler if it were darker outside.

Another performance that I always think about when it comes to animation is Beyoncé's performance at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards. As a powerful artist and dancer, she's perfect for this type of performance. She must have had to work on her choreography for a long time working with animators, and then practicing to get the timing exactly right with the animation in her performance.


Still, we all know who had the best super bowl halftime show...

Never forget.



No comments :

Post a Comment