Friday, February 21, 2014

Greenscreen or GreenScam?

So over Winter Break I finally got to see the first part of the Lord of the Rings precursor series The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Now being a big fan of the original trilogy of the Lord of the Rings, I had high expectations for this Peter Jackson production after all of the the first series was such a huge success and best produced movie series in a long time in my opinion.

Back on target now, the first Hobbit movie was nearly three hours long and I could not have been anymore let down and depressed at what I had just seen. The script was just flat out boring and bland but what got to me most was that the special effects looked so overdone. The one thing that made the original trilogy so well done and having grossed over two billion dollars in revenue since the release was the groundbreaking special effects. Watching the Hobbit, I feel really bad having to say it but they dropped the ball big time.

Now I did not see The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug because I was so upset at the first part so I do not know first hand if the design team dusted themselves off and got back on the bike but this is sadly what is happening more commonly in Hollywood pictures nowadays.

No comments :

Post a Comment