Monday, February 3, 2014

iPad Art

Today in class we talked about whether or not it was possible to connect an iPad to our computers to draw in programs like photoshop. Our professor Arturo mentioned a finger painting of Morgan Freeman that was done on the iPad and I decided to do some research on it.
I found this video on youtube of the painting

Watch Morgan Freeman iPad Art Here



but I also found some searches that talked about this video being fake. Even in the comments people mention that the textures seem way too good to be done with only your fingers. I myself, am not personally an expert on this kind of technology yet. However, I can say that whether this was done with only fingers or was done in photoshop this is a really good piece of work.

This is another video by the same artist (Kyle Lambert) of Beyonce. This is really impressive and though I'm not as skilled in art as Kyle I am definitely going to try this app out. If I had to guess I'd say doing these portraits would take a couple of hours to get this precise. This also takes a lot of skilled finger movements to get perfect painting strokes. Again, it would take lots of practice for someone like myself to get this good.

Watch video Here


Here's a link to more of Kyle Lamberts Work : Click Me

No comments :

Post a Comment