Friday, February 14, 2014

Three Dimensions of STOP

I remember in 2005 how excited I was to go see The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3D. 3D!!! Imagine my excitement. It was exhilarating seeing the characters jumping out of the screen at me. I didn't even mind seeing blue in one eye and red in the other for an hour after the movie. The story I'm trying to tell is, 3D was pretty cool.

WAS.

It's rare nowadays to see a movie NOT simultaneously shown in 3D. While the technology has improved and the glasses are less inconvenient, I really just don't care anymore. It's just a money pit at this point. I guess in the spirit of capitalism, if it's still making money, there's no reason for the movies NOT to be made in 3D. It was interesting once but now it's just beating a dead horse. Kind of like the point I'm trying to get across.



No comments :

Post a Comment