Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pop Up Paper Look

Hey everybody! So for my title sequence I'm thinking that I'll transform the beautiful landscapes of over the garden wall into a series of paper cut outs, and them have them move across the screen in 3d to give a cool parallax effect. Now I only really know as much photoshop as I've needed to know in order to get by here, so I was wondering if any of you out there might be able to offer me some advice.

Just so you guys can get a sense of what I'm trying to do here's a landscape that I'm halfway through paperizing.

It looks a little flat right now, and I'm thinking that I might stay from the original color scheme a bit since it's currently very hard to see the paper texture that I'm trying to put across. I also feel like it might be good to add a sort of vignette filter over the top of things to add a little extra visual intrigue. I'd love to know if you guys have any insights on how I might make this puppy pop. It's a real challenge trying to boil down these visually brilliant landscapes into their rawest form, but I'm confident that it can be done, and done it a way that doesn't make it look like a reject south park background. 

No comments :

Post a Comment