Wednesday, October 7, 2015

While I do groan about Maya in class I do think it is an extremely impressive and amazing 3D modeling tool. But what could possibly make it better? How about actually building in 3D? This video is admittedly dated, but I haven't seen it before so I thought it would be worth sharing.



What I find most difficult about Maya, besides it's interface (which has gotten better), is learning to work in Z- Space, something I'm sure others struggle with as well. Using the Oculus rift as a modeling tool makes a lot of sense. This is basically playing with play-doh except it's virtual and you get all the tools literally in your hand. Could it be more efficient then working straight off the screen? I'm not sure, but I definitely think it would be a worthwhile investment for 3D animating houses.

No comments :

Post a Comment