Thursday, October 8, 2015

Camera Shake with Wiggle

In an attempt to better familiarize myself with the ins-and-outs of After Effects, I've been doing my best to sit down a few times a week to play around with the program and practice different tutorials, outside of our class assignments. Last week, I was looking through some of the beginner-type tutorials offered on Video Copilot when I cam across this:



Obviously, the effect is not something terribly complex. However, at home I work as content creator for the Buffalo Bisons (Triple A Affiliate of the Blue Jays), so this caught my attention as something to apply to my own work. And because I always have endless amounts of baseball footage to play with on my drive, I thought I'd give it a go. Here is what I ended up with:



The idea of the effect is to create the perception of power. Most of my shooting I use simply a monopod in order to be most mobile when following play action. If, though, I used a tripod and got steadier footage the effect would probably do an even greater job of highlighting that impact.  I definitely think this is a cool trick to potentially enhance my work.

No comments :

Post a Comment