Saturday, February 4, 2012

Blending Modes

Something that I hope to utilize more often in After Effects is the blending modes. When Arturo took the picture of himself and "glamorized" it I was reminded just how useful this feature is. The thing about the blending modes is that you need to experiment with them to find combinations that work well for your piece. I think the reason I don't use them much is that I don't have much experience with them. When I see a boring piece of footage I never thought to click through the blending modes to spice it up. A lot of the modes have unintuitive names so I found this Adobe guide that explains each of them pretty well. You can see it here.

It's Saturday so I will attach a fun video. Old Spice has a great viral marketing campaign that features many short videos created by Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. They do some very creative and over the top things in post production and this commercial is a good example. Many of the things in the ad were probably put together in After Effects.

No comments :

Post a Comment