Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Belated Valentine's Day


Love Birds from Francine Price on Vimeo.

I thought I'd post my little valentine's day project here in case any of you wanted to check it out. The quality of the video isn't very high but I think that has to do with all of the information that's in the AE file. I'm sure there is a much simpler way of doing what I did that would help the resolution a lot but
I'm still pretty proud of what I made. It's a silly little animation but it was great to be able to mess around with cameras a little with this project. I took Topics in 3D last semester, where we learned Maya. Navigating cameras in that program is extremely difficult and much more tedious than it is to do in After Effects. It think this has a lot to do with the more user friendly interface After Effect has. In Maya it is difficult to move the camera around while looking through the camera view. In After Effects you can use the sliders under camera position and point of interest position to move your camera as you look through it's view in the composition. Another huge advantage AE has over Maya is that you can do a Ram preview that is much more accurate to the final product. You can preview in Maya as well but is often not as accurate. I think that the clouds in the piece are the worst resolution. This is probably because they are an image that I took off of Google and then changed the color in Photoshop. If I were to do this project over I would probably increase the resolution of the clouds in Photoshop first to improve the quality. 

No comments :

Post a Comment