Friday, February 24, 2012

Look Around

So my favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers and I was checking out one of the music videos from their newest album. The song is called Look Around. All four members of the band are in different rooms jamming and doing different things and the camera kind of cycles in between them. There is also a lot of movement within the frame, and the band members even go in between the rooms. I thought it was a really interesting concept for the video but I wasn't exactly sure how they pulled it off.


Luckily I also found a behind the scenes clip of how the video was shot to help answer my questions. They used 4 different 5k red cameras so they could get a full 360 degree look. I thought the coolest part was that the cameras were all interconnected so the band members all in separate rooms could perform at the same time and have it be stitched together in post. Also since the Red cameras shoot in 5k, they could zoom into the shots digitally and not lose quality. Really cool stuff. Here's the behind the scenes video too!

No comments :

Post a Comment