Monday, April 2, 2012

Inserting oneself into a film

This project we are currently working on reminded me of something MTV did back in the day (and by back in the day I mean when I was like 12 or 13 or something). For the Video Music Awards they always used to do a parody of whatever movie was big at the time, inserting famous comedians into the films. I found a bunch of them on youtube, from 2000 to about 2005. Here they are:









I used to love these things. Looking back, they're pretty stupid. But the effect is cool. I assume these were done by either re-creating sets to look like they were from the original film, or by using an After Effects program. After Effects has been around since the mid 90s, so it's very possible.

For our project, I plan to put myself into Return of the Jedi (the ending scene where Yoda and Obi-Wan are ghosts).

No comments :

Post a Comment