Saturday, April 14, 2012

Vimeo Awards

I found this video from the 2010 Vimeo Awards. I didn't even know there was an awards show for online video, but apparently there is.

This is the award for the Motion Graphics category, and it's interesting because even in the short clips they show you seen how varied Motion Graphics is. None of the videos are alike at all. The presenter, a successful designer, has some notable things to say about doing this kind of work.

Here's the video.


Vimeo Awards- Motion Graphics Category from Vimeo Festival + Awards on Vimeo.


Another part that was really surprised me was that the person who accepted the award mentioned that in Turkey where he's from, they banned both YouTube and Vimeo. I can't even imagine that, especially if I was a Graphic Artist. The winning video is called Triangle, and here's the the full version.


TRI▲NGLE from Onur Senturk on Vimeo.


It's pretty cool and I recommend taking a look at it.

No comments :

Post a Comment