Sunday, September 4, 2011

Doctor Who

I think it's no secret that one of my favorite shows of all time is Doctor Who. I love the story, the actors, the writes, and even the hard artists behind it because I believe that special effects isn't just about what you can do in Adobe After Effects. It's about the costume artists and the make up designers who sculpt these ideas from scratch and then the motion graphic effects get added afterwards. What is even more amazing is that you can watch how they do it through the show Doctor Who Confidential. I've never encountered a show like this. It airs immediately after every new episode. You can watch what they do to the show and how they do it and this isn't something you can get all of the time.

My favorite part of the special effects in Doctor Who is how real it seems. These people put so much work and time into every little detail just get make people believe that's real, but isn't that the point of shows similar to Doctor Who? Shows like Being Human, Misfits, Primeval (Thought not as likely). Simply because of that, I'm really impressed. (And incase anyone was wondering, the company Doctor Who uses for their special effects is called The Mill, I don't know why I know this, but I do). Everyone should check this show out, it's definitely worth it.

1 comment :

  1. I seem to remember that someone from The Mill was recently at IC giving a talk or demo. He might even be an IC alumni.

    ReplyDelete