Monday, September 19, 2011

Hayao Miyazaki

If one person could represent my childhood, it would be Hayao Miyazaki. I grew up with his movies, I still love his movies, and I still wait with anticipation for a new one to come out. The first movie of his that I've seen, and that I still own on VHS, is Kiki's Delivery Service which is about a young witch going off into the world. In the english dubbed version, Kirsten Dunst provides the voice for Kiki

I love Hayao Miyazaki's films for their stories and his style of animation. If I didn't know the title of a new film coming out, what it was about or anything, I would be able to tell it was a Hayao Miyazaki film just from watching one second of the trailer or looking at a screencap of the film. His style is very well known and established. I prefer his style over movies like Wall-E, Toy Story, and The Lion King. Some of my personal favorites are Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away (Which won an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in 2002) , My Neighbor Tortoro, and Howl's Moving Castle (Which I do own on DVD if anyone wants to borrow it) and you can watch the trailer here and get a taste for what his films are like:



All of his films are generally family friendly and extremely heartwarming, I recommend every single film to everyone.

No comments :

Post a Comment